Thursday, March 25th, 7:00-8:30 PM EST
Presented by Carl Anderson and Matt Glover
One of our most favorite topics to talk about with teachers is how to teach children to write with detail. Detail, after all, is one of the most important qualities of writing. It’s when children learn to write with beautiful, precise detail that we ooh and ahh when we read what they write, and are especially moved by and engrossed in their writing.
Join Carl Anderson and Matt Glover as they talk about how to teach children to elaborate well in their writing. During this webinar, Carl and Matt will:
- Discuss key detail concepts that are important to teach children.
- Analyze typical primary and upper grade student writing, and discuss the teaching that would help these students elaborate better.
- Talk about how students can compose with more detailed oral language and illustrations.
- Show mentor texts they use to teach detail in narrative, informational, and opinion genres.
- Talk about how to weave detail mini-lessons and writing conferences into genre studies, as well as how to do a special craft unit that focuses on writing with detail.Talk about how students can compose more detailed illustrations.
The webinar will take place using Zoom. We will email the Zoom link to everyone who registers a few days before the webinar.
Can’t participate live? Everyone who registers will receive a link to the recording the following day and will be able to view the webinar for 30 days.
To register and pay with a credit card, please submit the information below. When you click submit, you will be taken to the Stripe portal for payment. If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact link on this site.