Wednesday February 24, 7:00-8:30 PM EST
Presented by Carl Anderson and Matt Glover
One of the questions that we often get in our work in schools is, “Where can I find the best mentor texts?” This is a great question, because teaching with mentor texts is one of the most important things you can do to teach students to build the repertoire of craft techniques they need to write well.
Join Carl Anderson and Matt Glover to learn how they find, choose and get to know mentor texts, texts that can be used to teach students the craft of writing in mini-lessons, small group lessons, writing conferences, and whole-class craft studies. During this webinar, Carl and Matt will:
- Discuss their sources for finding great mentor texts.
- Talk about their criteria for selecting mentor texts.
- Discuss how they assemble their “stacks” of mentor texts for units of study.
- Explain how they get to know mentor texts so well that they can teach many craft lessons with them.
- Discuss some of their favorite mentor texts from a variety of genre studies, craft studies, and process studies.
The webinar will take place using Zoom. When you register we will email you the Zoom link a few days before the webinar.
To register and pay with a credit card, please submit the information below. When you click submit, you will be taken to the Stripe portal for payment, so please only press submit if you would like to make your payment now. If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact link on this site.