Presented by Carl Anderson & Matt Glover
In this webinar, Carl and Matt will discuss the teaching moves they think are the most important for you to make in your writing workshop at the beginning of the school year. These moves will help you inspire your students to write, give them the support they need to work through the writing process with independence again and again, and set them up for a year of growth as writers.
Carl and Matt will talk about:
- Helping students adopt identities as writers.
- Selecting mentor texts that will inspire students to write.
- Establishing protocols for students to be able to work through the writing process with independence.
- Identifying and building on students’ strengths as writers.
- Setting individual writing goals for students.
- Knowing how to respond to students’ typical early-in-the-year issues, such as, “I don’t know what to write about!”, “How do you spell ______?”, “What do I do when I’m done?”, etc.