Date: October 26, 7:00-8:30 EDT/4:00-5:30 PCT
With Carl Anderson and Matt Glover
The most important purpose for assessing student writers is to identify their emerging strengths, and figure out what we can teach to help them build on them. Effective assessment also results in students being energized by the feedback they receive from us, so that they enthusiastically embrace the teaching we do to help them move forward as writers.
Join Carl Anderson and Matt Glover to learn five strategies for assessing students, online or onsite. During this webinar Carl and Matt will:
- Discuss the importance of conferring with students, online or onsite, which is the best time to do formative assessment and give students powerful feedback about where they are as writers and explain next steps;
- Talk about how to see students’ strengths as writers;
- Explain how to give students precise feedback about what they can do as writers;
- Discuss how to assess students through the lenses of the qualities of writing and the writing process;
- Explain how to decide upon teaching points that extend student strengths in conferences, as well as mini-lessons and small groups.
The webinar will take place using Zoom. When you register we will email you the Zoom link a few days before the webinar.
To register and pay with a credit card, please submit the information below. When you click submit, you will be taken to the Stripe portal for payment, so please only press submit if you would like to make your payment now. If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact link on this site.